Frequently Asked Questions
A: Yes. There is a $500 prepaid rent deposit to secure your reservation and a $53.25 non-refundable booking fee.
A:Yes. They include a one-time cleaning charge, FL and Volusia County taxes, damage insurance, and the remainder of the rental money, all due 60 days prior to your arrival date.
A: There is no resort charge or parking fee at our complex.
A: Yes, each unit has a professional cleaning fee, paid 60 days prior to arrival date, and it begins at $75 depending upon the number of bedrooms and length of stay. For an exact quote, select your dates on our online booking calendar.
A: Florida Resort Tax – 6.00% Florida Sales Tax – 6.50%. For an exact quote, select your dates on our online booking calendar.
A: Accidental Damage Protection $1500 Coverage is $45.00 and is Tax Exempt
A: Beach towels, suntan lotion, and clothing. While we supply initial toilet paper, paper towels and soap, you may want to bring or plan on obtaining additionally upon arrival: household paper/dish products, bath soaps, garbage bags, etc
A: All units are comprehensively equipped with the items listed below: Bed linens, Bath linens, iron and ironing board, major kitchen appliances plus coffee pot, toaster, blender. The kitchens are fully equipped with dishes, utensils, and cooking supplies. Additional amenities may be available and will be noted in the detailed property description.
A:Written notice is required for any cancelled reservations. No refunds can be given for early departure or lack of amenities beyond our control. Refunds will be provided per the schedule below:
- All final monies are due 60 days or sooner prior to your arrival.
- If you cancel prior to 60 days of your arrival, you will receive back your $500 deposit but forfeit the $53.25 booking fee.
- If you cancel 59 days or less prior to your arrival date, you will forfeit your prepaid rent and receive a refund for your pre-paid cleaning fees, taxes, and accidental damage insurance.
A: Check-in is between 3PM and 5 PM at the property office.
A: Arrangements can be made in advance for late check-in with the office.Should you be flying, in case of a flight delay, make late arrival arrangements with the office before your departure.
A: Check out is prior to 10AM at the office, conveniently located at the complex.
A: In some instances, arrangements can be made for delayed check-out but expect a $50 charge for late check out.
A: There are places near the office to park during check-in. Following check-in, you can move your car closer to your vacation unit.
A: At check-in, you will be directed to your unit by our friendly staff.
A: You will be provided a parking pass for our free paved lot during your stay.
A: All units surround the pool and a sidewalk takes you to the pool gate about 30 to 40 feet away.
A: There is no lifeguard at the pool but the beach does have lifeguards available in the busy spring and summer months.
A: It is about 30-40 feet from the pool to the beach gate. Through the gate, you will descend a few steps to the sandy beach.
A: Yes, the complex is on the beach and is and ready for you to see gorgeous sunrises and moon rises! Our unique U-shape complex affords spacious views of the beautiful courtyard, pool area and beach from every unit.
A:Besides agreeing to abide by the condominium Association Rules and Regulations sent with your confirmation the following restrictions apply to all units:
- All rental units are NON-SMOKING; outside areas are provided for smokers.
- No pets.
- Boats, trailers, campers, RV’s or commercial vehicles are not permitted.
- No sub-leasing of units is allowed.
Individual units do not have their own laundry facilities, unless listed separately on the unit you choose. There are laundry facilities located on the ground floor and 2nd floor. Upon arrival, ask our helpful staff for their exact location.
A: The complex has 3 floors. Elevators are conveniently located in 2 places. There are also staircases located at both ends of each building.
A: There are many attractions located within a short driving distance of Chateau by the Sea:
- Canaveral Seashore National Park (15 minutes)
- Port Orange for Fabulous Shopping, Movies, etc (20 minutes)
- Daytona Flea Market is 19 miles (30 minutes)
- Daytona Speedway is 20 miles (35 minutes)
- Kennedy Space Center is 45 miles (50 minutes)
- St. Augustine is 65 miles (1 hour)
- Orlando (Disney World, Sea World, Universal Studios) is 75 miles (1 hour and 15 minutes)
- Silver Springs, FL (1 hour and 30 minutes)
- Tampa (Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Busch Gardens) is 130 miles. (2-3 hours depending upon traffic)
A: Should you choose to fly, there are a few airports within close proximity to Chateau by the Sea.
- Daytona -30 minute drive
- Sanford -45 minute drive
- Orlando International – 1 hour and 15 minutes if no traffic. With traffic delays it could be several hours.